GW Innovation Center Events
The GW Innovation Center is dedicated to providing students with the skills and techniques they need to become at-home innovators. For the past few semesters, the GWIC has done this through a variety of workshops and outreach programs. Our Make-A-Thing Fridays have given students a chance to unwind and learn about prototyping and creative problem solving.
- Fri, Dec 04Join us Via Webex (RSVP below)The Holiday Season is now, but what is winter without warm treats?! Join Chief Evangelist and GWIC founder, Annamaria Konya Tannon as she cooks the winning cookie recipe from our Instagram challenge. Be sure to cast your vote with our @gwinnovationcenter handle!
- Fri, Nov 20WebexAssistant Professor of Chemistry, Adelina Voutchkova-Kostal, joins us for a conversation about plastic this Friday as we wrap up our series on plastic recycling. Professor Voutchkova, a leader in green chemistry, works on finding environmentally benign methods for the chemical RSVP below to join!
- Fri, Nov 13Join us Via Webex (RVSP below)Sarah spent her time at GW reimagining the innovation experience on campus through coursework, internships, the founding of GWIC, and her mobile app Thisfits. Since graduating, Sarah joined ignite: action, a boutique digital marketing agency to further serve innovative, mission-driven initiatives.
- Fri, Nov 06Join us Via Webex (RSVP Below)Music is one of the best ways to center yourself and unwind, and that's especially needed during our turbulent times. Check out our Innoviation Center playlist, available Friday, Nov. 6 at 3 pm.
- Fri, Oct 23Join us through Webex (RSVP below)The GW Innovation Center is kicking off an exciting, multi-week discussion about plastics and recycling with PBS Frontline documentary, "Plastic Wars." We encourage you to join us for our review and discussion of the film this Friday. For meeting information, click RSVP below.
- Fri, Sep 18WebexJoin us in our interview with Kelsey Oliver, Co-Founder of Made in Mali!
Fusion 360 Tutorial
Interview with Kelsey Oliver
'Plastic Wars' Discussion
Precious Plastics Workshop
Interview with Sarah Shavin